Horse Meat Scandal…
OMG I can’t even begin to imagine!
Some local stores (that you normally wouldn’t imagine) actually import their meats and a lot of the meat comes from Europe!
Officials at the FSA admitted that there have been no tests for horse meat content in British food for a decade, raising concerns that…
The scandal may have been hidden from the public for years
WARNING some images depict real horse meat packaged
and on the grocery store shelves.
Officials said; “retailers should remove
products from shelves as soon there was any indication they might contain horse”. Burgers and ready meals have already been withdrawn by Tesco, Findus (Findus lasagne ‘was 100% horsemeat’) and Aldi.
Responses by these grocery stores:
Tesco apologized and vowed to make sure it never happens again.
Aldi said tests on random samples demonstrated that the withdrawn products contained between 30% and 100% horse meat.
“This is completely unacceptable and like other affected companies, we feel angry and let down by our supplier.
If the label says beef, our customers expect it to be beef.” (from this article)
In a series of recent developments it emerged that:
- Twenty-eight local authorities have been instructed by the FSA to begin tests on a range of a limited number of beef products, including meat balls, burgers and lasagne ready meals;
- Horses in Romania — the source of the latest contamination — are “endemically” infected by a disease known as horse AIDS, although it does not pose a risk to humans
- ‘More contaminated food likely to be found’- Here’s the actual article
- Battle over blame after horse meat found in beef products”
– Horse meat was discovered in products that are supposed to be 100% beef
- Burger King finds horse meat at European supplier
Some fortunately are saved
Apparently these particular foals were scheduled to be pocket books.
I was told that every piece is used. It’s such a horrible thought. I’m sorry but I can’t continue with the details….
So here’s one pretty girl that was saved (my girl penny as a grown up.)
Here’s a list of rescues that could use some support
I picked just a few of the 501c3 charity rescue for horses
Here’s a site that has complied a list of horse rescues.
Unfortunately there are many more facilities that could use help. There’s just to many for me to list here.
What’s worse… Some rescues give good rescues a bad name.
Here’s one horrible example.
Please give your horse an extra hug from me today..